Kitchen and Pantry Organization
Disorganization can cost you money. When your pantry and refrigerator are unorganized we cannot see when food may be expiring soon. This means there is a risk you are literally throwing food out the window or wasting money because you did not use the product that was soon expiring.
On average American households throw away $590.00 in meat, veggies, and grain products annually, according to Food Production Daily.
Make organization a priority to stop waste and save money. Starting with a thorough examination of your pantry and refrigerator.
Kitchen and Pantry Organization Tips
- Throw out any expired food. Eliminating expired foods will prevent possibly getting sick.
- Separate remaining items into categories. soups, condiments, boxed dinners, and baking goods. Having a system in place will make it easier to continue to organize.
- Assign specific areas of your pantry and refrigerator to these categories and group similar items together. Store soups in the same area as the canned vegetables. Keep milk and OJ in the same area.
- Place the ones closest to expiring in the front. This way there will be less waste as you will see what is close to expiring and choose to use that food product first, avoiding waste.
- Don’t let food spoil. Use clear storage boxes to be aware of all food in your refrigerator. Keep fruits and vegetables at eye level to prevent them from becoming out-of-sight and out-of-mind. Across the globe fruits and veggies have the highest wastage rates of all food products, yet are high in protein, fiber, vitamin D, and other things necessary for a healthy diet.
- Organize your food. Move canned drinks, leftovers, lunch meats, and cheeses to the crisper drawers to free up shelf space.
- Condiment control. Any condiments that need refrigeration should be kept in the door storage with similar items. This makes it easy to find what you need and avoids buying unnecessary replacements.
Let Us Help
If you have a disorganized kitchen and don’t know where to begin, it might be time to consider hiring a professional to help organize your home. We can implement our proven system to help keep your home organized for good. Contact us today for a complimentary consultation to see how we can help you achieve an organized life.